RWPZ is currently recruiting for part-time, seasonal, non-exempt, Event Support Staff. The Event Support Staff is under the direct supervision of the Facilities Manager and/or Event Manager, the individual in the position is responsible for setup/break down of all sponsored events. This position offers flexible hours during the day, night, weekends, and holidays.
- Setting up and breaking down zoo sponsored events. This includes table and chair setup, tent setup and securing, tent and table decorations, repositioning tables, tents and chairs.
- Clean-up of event spaces and surrounding areas before and after zoo events.
- Inventory of zoo sponsored products for events.
- More inventoried product from supply truck or designated area to keep events stocked.
- Assist zoo event vendors with keeping stock (i.e. ice, garbage bags, cups, etc..)
- Assist with install, install, securing, and relocation of decoration elements for events.
- Implement and understand the proper and safe usage of all hand and small tools as needed.
- Use a step ladder up to 12’.
- Follow all Zoo procedures in regard to driving Zoo vehicles.
- Understand and follow all Zoo policies and procedures as described in the Team Handbook and in posted policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned or directed when deemed necessary by the Facilities Manager and/or Event Manager in order to meet the mission and objective of the Zoo.
Experience and Education:
High school diploma or equivalent. Bilingual in multiple languages is a plus.
Skills and Aptitudes:
- Cooperative attitude and highly detailed.
- Flexible, organized, and ability to mediate disputes and/or solve problems.
- Highly organized and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work in a high public contact area.
- Successful completion of a background check, per organization policy.
- Willingness to work flexible work day schedule, including weekends, holidays, and night events.
- Frequently required to life up to 50 pounds.
- Frequently required to walk extensively or stand for prolonged periods of time.
As Event Support Staff, you will be joining our team in showcasing our Zoo pride and excellence in customer service.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity to be a team member at a well-renowned Zoo in the New England area, send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to:
Roger Williams Park Zoo
ATTN: Event Support Staff
1000 Elmwood Ave
Providence, RI 02907