RWPZ is currently recruiting for year-round, part-time, non-exempt, Visitor Services Supervisor. The Visitor Services Supervisor helps to ensure smooth operations for all frontline functions, including ticket sales, membership sales, guest services, zoo operations, group entry, and event support at both Roger Williams Park Zoo and its sister property Carousel Village. The supervisor will provide administrative right-hand support to the managers on duty and most of all, serve our guests with superior customer care. The supervisor is required to work at least one weekend day per week, plus a minimum of 2 weekdays. This position is considered part-time, year-round working an average of approximately 28 hours per week, April through early January, with additional off-season hours needed.
- Outstanding customer service in all guest relations, including mediating disputes, conversing with guests, and handling phone/email inquiries.
- Successfully take on opening and closing procedures, including safe auditing, daily deposits creation, report generation, cash out procedures, and announcements as needed.
- Uphold revenue control procedures and secure cash management.
- Train and supervise Visitor Services Representative and Ride Operators, plus perform these duties and/or cover these position as needed.
- Plan daily work assignments and break schedules.
- Support the Group Sales team with group entry and event support as needed.
- Support other departments with zoo wide functions and programs as directed.
- Assist with functions, programs, and special events such, including but not limited to Asian Lanterns, Zoobilee, Brew at the Zoo, birthday parties, public programs, and Jack-o-Lantern Spectacular and Holiday Lights.
- Troubleshoot technical issues, including hardware and software issues.
- Understand and follow all Zoo policies and procedures as described in the organization’s handbook and/or posted policies.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Director of Visitor Services, Manager Visitor Services and/or other zoo team members.
Experience and Education:
Completion of a high school diploma or related prior work experience; and/or equivalent combination of education and experience. Plus 1-2 years of experience in a position that interfaces with the public and/or manages large quantities of money on daily basis is preferred. Plus 1-2 years of experience managing employees preferred.
Skills and Aptitudes:
- Friendly, helpful demeanor with a cooperative attitude.
- Flexible, organized, and ability to mediate disputes and/or solve problems.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to produce quality work independently with minimum supervision.
- Ability to:
- communicate effectively with the public,
- handle frequent interactions with general public,
- work effectively under pressure,
- provide quality and outstanding customer service,
- follow directions whether verbal or written,
- work outdoors in various weather conditions,
- perform the essential functions of the job.
- Successful completion of a background check, per organization policy.
- Valid state driver’s license.
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule, including evenings, weekends, and holidays, as required by the department. A minimum of 3 shifts per week are expected for each employee, including at least 1 weekend day. The employee will be expected to work peak time, including major fundraisers/event days and School Vacation Week (please see Director of Visitor Services for exact details: exemptions granted at the Director’s discretion).
- Must own and use a reliable cell phone.
- Must have access to email, as it is a primary form of communication for the organization.
- Dependable, self-sufficient transportation is required.
- Computer proficiency and/adept on learning new software applications in a fast-paced environment. The employee will be expected to fluently use the sales software, scheduling software, and organization’s payroll software independently (plus other programs as needed).
- Required to stand, walk, lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds throughout the zoo to set up for events.
As a Visitor Services Supervisor, you will be joining our team in showcasing our Zoo pride and excellence in customer service.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity to be a team member at a well-renowned Zoo in the New England area, send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to:
Roger Williams Park Zoo
ATTN: Visitors Services Supervisor
1000 Elmwood Ave
Providence, RI 02907