The RI Hospitality Association 501c6, and the RI Hospitality Education Foundation 501c3, are seeking a President/CEO to serve as the top administrative and executive officer of the organization and ensure that the goals and objectives of the enterprise are met.
Job Details: President/ CEO
Job Type: Full-time
Benefits: Comprehensive benefits package including single coverage health insurance, 401K, Paid Time Off, and Life Insurance.
General Function: The President/CEO is responsible for overall strategic operation, management, and administration of all staff, headquarters, and field activities.
- Plan, develop, implement, and direct the organization’s operational and fiscal function and performance.
- Analyze and recommend the impact of long-range growth initiatives, planning, and introduction of new strategies and regulatory actions.
- Provide strategic input and leadership on decision-making issues affecting the organization and its partners.
- Develop credibility and authority for the finance leadership team by providing accurate analysis of budgets, reports and financial trends, and operational procedures to assist the Board of Directors.
- Create, improve, implement, and enforce policies and procedures of the organization that will improve the operational and financial effectiveness of the company.
- Develop a grant funding strategy and manage contract deliverables and cost allocation plans for federal, state, and private grant funding sources.
- Responsible for membership development, planning, and engagement initiatives to increase our core base of members and build retention.
- Maintains an effective government affairs program to represent the interests of the association membership to federal, state, and local government agencies as appropriate.
- Evaluate the company’s financial, operational, and sales and marketing structures to plan for continual improvements and a continual increase in operating efficiencies.
- Develops and supervises an effective program of membership development and membership services.
- Develops and maintains a communications program which is responsive to the needs of the membership.
- Develops and conducts an education program to advance the professional technical/managerial skills of the membership.
- Conducts research necessary to the association and informs the board, elected officials, and membership as appropriate.
- Maintains effective internal and external public relations.
- Serves as spokesperson for the Association and Education Foundation.
- Recruits, hires, and trains staff and administers an effective personnel program which includes position descriptions, performance standards, performance appraisals and a compensation system.
- Mentor and interact with staff members at all levels to foster growth and encourage development among the senior executive team and all staff members.
Important Leadership Traits
- Strong leadership ability.
- Strategic mindset.
- Professional business acumen.
- Outstanding problem-solving skills.
- Excellent ability to lead and manage.
- Continually drive effective results.
- Communicate effectively at all levels.
CEO Education Requirements and Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related, MBA from top school preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of industry experience in a leadership position.
- Ability to train, develop and manage teams.
- Executive Presence and ability maintain calm demeanor in high stress environments.
To apply for the position of President/CEO of the RI Hospitality Association and RI Hospitality Education Foundation please submit this form below. Applications will only be accepted from candidates completing this form. The deadline to apply is March 1, 2024.