Legal Technical Help

RI Hospitality Association is here to help you find answers. We can advise members on HR laws, license applications, and any other regulation on the state or federal level. We also educate our members on new laws that affect the hospitality industry and what businesses need to do to comply. Here are just a few of the questions we have answered:

  • Can a restaurant charge an employee for uniforms?
  • What are the requirements of the new Class P Liquor License, and how do I apply?
  • What is the overtime rate for tipped employees?
  • How many hours can a minor work?

All questions must be submitted in writing to with the subject line HOSPITALITY LAW CENTER QUESTION. The answer will be provided in the next edition of our members-only newsletter, Hospitality Law Center. Please note that it may take up to one week for answers to be published. If you have additional questions, please call 401-223-1120.