RWPZ is currently recruiting for a part-time, seasonal, Volunteer Coordinator to support our daytime Zoo experience. Our Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for assisting with the management of Zoo volunteers during the day and occasionally with evening special events. The individual in this position will supervise volunteers of all ages, backgrounds, and abilities. In addition, this individual will support volunteer scheduling and email communications, as needed. Hours are 9:00 am-3:00/4:00 pm, four days per week (one day must be Saturday, other days are flexible), except when supporting the evening events listed below. The individual in this position will work an average of approximately 24-28 hours per week, late March through September. There is a possibility of this position being extended through mid-November with work hours two days per week, Saturdays and Sundays, 9:00 am-3:00/4:00 pm.
- Provide event orientation to volunteers upon arrival.
- Place volunteers at stations/zones.
- Check in with volunteers throughout the duration of the Zoo day and provide opportunity for applicable breaks.
- Educate volunteers about the animals and the Zoo.
- Take notes and keep all information organized on a daytime coordinator sheet.
- Respond to any volunteer emails and schedule volunteers as needed.
- Address any volunteer issues or concerns immediately and communicate to Manager of Volunteer Resources accordingly.
- Check-out volunteers at the end of their volunteer shift.
- Support and ensure all volunteers are following Zoo COVID guidelines.
- Maintain accurate and clear volunteer records using Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Communicate effectively with all staff involved in executing Zoo daytime operations
- Other projects as assigned by the Manager of Volunteer Resources and/or the Director of Human Resources.
- Ability to work the following dates:
- Training date to be established by the end of March (March date is flexible).
- Four days a week (including Saturday) from the week of March 29th through September 7th.
- Monday or Tuesday evening in June; Date TBD
- August 26th, 27th, 28th, and 29th, combination of daytime and/or evening hours.
- Ability to work outdoors under various weather conditions.
- Flexibility to work occasional holidays and evenings.
- Ability to lift and/or move objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Successful completion of a background check.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity to be a team member at a well-renowned Zoo in the New England area, send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to:
Roger Williams Park Zoo
ATTN: Seasonal Event Volunteer Coordinator Search
1000 Elmwood Ave
Providence, RI 02907