- About RIHEF
- Hospitality Training Academy Classes
- RI Food Management Training
- Alcohol Server Training
- ServSafe Food Safety Training
- ServSafe Online Classes
- Food Safety Training FAQ
- Hotel Boot Camp
- Chairman's Message
- Board of Directors
- Contribute to RIHEF
- Training Academy News
- Stephen P. Marra Memorial Scholarship
Heather R. Singleton
Chief Operating Officer
RI Hospitality Association
RI Hospitality Education Foundation
401-223-1120, ext. 110
HOTEL BOOT CAMP
The RI Hospitality Training Academy is hosting a Hotel Boot Camp training session May 8-June 1, 2018 in partnership with the City of Providence Office of Economic Opportunity. In an effort to develop and train more skilled workers for the hotel industry, this training is the perfect start for anyone looking to get an entry level position in the hotel industry. Participants will participate in classroom training, which will include hands-on activities and one week of work experience at a local hotel.
Students will be trained in:
- Front Desk Operations
- Housekeeping Operations
- Food and Beverage Operations (Restaurant and Banquets Server)
- Resume Writing/Interview Skills
Who can or should apply?
Anyone currently looking to obtain an entry level hotel position is encouraged to apply.
How much will it cost?
This training is free of charge to participants selected.
When is this training being held?
May 8-June 1, 2018
- Classroom Training- May 8, 9, 10, 11, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 21 and June 1, 2018 (9am-1pm on each day)
- Work Experience-May 22-31, 2018 (schedule will vary)
Where is this training being held?
American Job Center
One Reservoir Avenue, Providence, RI 02907
All candidates need to complete an application and interview for the program. To apply, please click below to complete the application or for more information, please contact:
Nichole Jorel, Manager, Workforce Development
(401) 223-1120 ext. 111